03 May 2008

Three cheers for Grammar Girl!

So, I finally got an ipod. I have been saving up for this pocket sized dynamo for years. On every gift giving occasion, I would receive gift cards for the apple store (by the way, thanks again to everyone who helped). I love this little thing! I got the 160 GB, figuring it would allow me to put anything, and everything, I wanted onto it. So far, I have barely made a dent.

I recently discovered podcasts. It was like going to the library and realizing that next door was another library, full of more adventures and references to paw through and discover. I started with the podcasts of NPR's "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!" (one of my favorite radio programs). I couldn't get enough. One day, while downloading some "Wait Wait", I came across a little podcast called "Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips For Better Writing". Mignon Fogarty (a.k.a. Grammar Girl) puts a fresh face on what some people think of as the stodgy, dusty world of grammar. Short snippets of humorous and informative grammar bites are the perfect additive to any car trip. Who doesn't want to write better? Who can say no to more reference materials? Not me!


No comments: